Thursday, March 6, 2008

Discussion Question

While listening to the radio the other day a song by TLC came on. Before i could quickly change the channel i caught a line that i remember singing along to when i was younger but actually listening to it - and thinking about it - i realized exactly how fucked up the line was.


"What ashame your shootin' aint for someone else's brain"

I appreciate and respect that they were trying to discourage suicide but once you think about it, they are endorcing homicide as a replacement for suicide. Which i can't say i approve.

So the question on the table.

What is the most fucked up lyric/movie line can you think of?
Bonus points if it's only fucked up once you think about it

5 comments:

Yankee John said...

In Fight Club, Marla says "I want to have your abortion."

For extra credit, I head the original line they cut was "I haven't been fucked like that since kindergarten."

Wow. That's special.

RugbyGirlMD said...

other way around.
In the book she says "I want to have your abortion"
In the movie it was "Fucked like that since Grade School." Which Helena Bonham Carter didn't understand, being British, where it's Primary School.

Yankee John said...

So am I disqualified for mixing media?

It's still a gobsmack.

Ted said...

"I'm glad I'm a man and so is Lola"

Ted said...

"Hold me closer, Tony Danza"