Monday, January 22, 2007

Why?

Ok after having the day from hell...long and short of it is that after a full day of class 8-3 with no breaks i went to go get in my car to go home before my ANAL. CHEM. class and my car wouldn't start...after two hours of dealing with that i went to my analytical chemistry class and what did we do??? Say it with me boys and girls...that's right, we WEIGHED PENNIES!!!!!! Please someone explain to me why anyone who has made it to Chem 302 needs to have a full 2 hours on how to use a scale and get a standard deviation. I just don't understand.

6 comments:

Ted said...

Well, as I understand it, the idea is to start with something simple, or better yet a review of something simple, to give the students time to get used to the new class environment before trying to teach them something real. Or maybe they just assume people in Thibodeaux don't know how to use scales.

Sorry you had a sucky day. Hope it gets better.

MelloYello said...

kevin and i were just discussing this comment and he decided that we need to promote ted to "admiral obvious" who's with him?

Ted said...

Wow! I jumped FOUR pay grades. Arguably, I can't be promoted again except in time of war, unless it's to a civilian post (e.g. "President Obvious"). That's pretty cool. Here's another obvious fact: Kevin needs to get his own damn blog.

MomHouston said...

I'm glad that this week is over with for you and hopefully the rest was better than that day.
I'm trying to get things done this weekend but the cat is fighting me. She is currently curled up on my lap and I can't move anything but my hands (to type) without interrupting her...heaven forbid.
So here I sit, watching 50" of HD broadcast of migrating birds in Europe. I was hoping the boredom would drive Sean to get dressed and ready for me to take him to his friend's house so I can get productive...the rain has stopped

Ted said...

Hi Mom! Glad to hear from you. Are you blogging?

MelloYello said...

Just so everyone knows, mom isn't actually bloging, she just made a name so she can write on our accounts...at least that's the status report as of yesterday